December 21st is a very special day indeed. No, not because it is the shortest day of the year and sets the benchmark for the longer days from here on out. Rather, it is the day that one of the most special and influential people in my life was born. Happy birthday, dad, and thank you for being the best father a daughter could ask for. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without you.
What’s that, you say? You brought me a surprise?
I can’t believe you brought us a shot to take before walking down the aisle 😀
Thank you SO much to everyone who voted for me and Brian. We received so many votes but fell short at the end. I feel like I won anyway, with all of the support from my friends, family and little online community. Thank you so much 😀
The winner of the lululemon water bottle is comment number 21- Lindsay! Linday, email me at fittowed at gmail dot com with your water bottle selection and mailing address. I’ll order it today. 🙂
Thank you to EVERYONE for your support!
Happy birthday dad! 😀
Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend! Yesterday marked one year officially blogging for me. A very appropriate day to have a blogiversary, as I spent Saturday evening with a lot of my capital district blends at a cookie exchange hosted by Heather! It was so much fun. Although now I’m tempted to have cookies for every meal 😉
To celebrate the one year blogiversary, I’m hosting a fun giveaway. I hosted something similar last year on my old blog so it’s best to keep the tradition going 😀
So, what is the giveaway? An awesome stainless steel water bottle from lululemon! The color and style is up to the winner.
Do you want to win it? Here’s how:
- Go to http://www.joeelariophotography.com/favorite-winterspring-2010-wedding/ and vote for Katie and Brian. Leave a comment letting me know you did so. If you vote from more than one computer, leave multiple comments for more entries (or just let me know in one comment how many computers you voted from).
- Tweet about the giveaway/voting +1 entry (leave a comment)
- Include link to voting for Katie & Brian on your blog +1 entry (leave a comment)
I will announce a winner on Tuesday, December 21st at noon. Good luck! 🙂
Also, don’t forget that you can enter to win some delicious cookies by commenting on this post. The cookies are pretty good, y’all.
Thank you for voting and more importantly, thank you for reading. I never expected to gain so much from blogging- the friendships, support and community have been a pleasant surprise. Thank you! 😀
Happy Friday friends! I’m a wee bit tired this morn, as Bikram seriously kicked my booty last night (seriously) and then I spent the rest of the evening baking an itload amount of cookies for Heather’s awesome partay tomorrow. Yay cookies! Which brings me to my next point. My awesome photographer is having a contest on his blog for the favorite winter/spring wedding of 2010. The winner gets a big print of the photo he selected!
If you could head on over to this link and vote for Katie and Brian, I would be so thankful! Leave a comment letting me know you voted for us- I will randomly select a commenter to win a dozen of my delicious dark chocolate mint glazed holiday cookies 🙂 I’ll pick a winner on December 22, 2010. It’s okay if you live near or far- I’ve sent cookies over to Brian in Afghanistan and he and his fellow soldiers reported that they were some of the best cookies they’ve had 🙂 I have a shipping method for freshness down pat 😉
As for the photo JP selected, it is Brian’s favorite 🙂
I would love to have his favorite photo waiting for him when he returns home 🙂 Thank you for voting and I’ll be back this weekend- it’s my one year blogiversary tomorrow 🙂 🙂
Have a great Friday peeps!
Hi peeps! This post is going to be short and sweet, as I have a fantasy football draft (ohhh yeahhh) to get to!
- I am heading camping this weekend 😀 I talked about it in my last post and I decided that the wardrobe challenge is not going to be in effect during the weekend. Then I got to talking with my friend Kristin that is doing it with me and we decided that today would be the last day. Sweet freedom thank goodness. It’s time. Tuesday marks four weeks, so 28 days instead of 30, but it is time. I have learned a lot about what I can do with my current wardrobe and how much accessories can update an outfit. I’ll write a full recap post next week but I don’t want y’all to think I’m backing out. Even though I guess I kind of am but yeah. My ten pieces are getting worn out and gross, haha. The outfits from this week have been uninspired- same ol’ same ol’, aside from this fun necklace I got in London (well, Bath but whatever) a few years back:
So yeah, once I stopped feeling creative (about three weeks in) the challenge lost its luster. Moving on-
- Ever go running when you didn’t feel like it? Of course you have. Well, yesterday I was cursing the dang sport really didn’t feel like it. It was 95 degrees and humid at 6:00 PM with an air advisory. Perfect conditions. Ugh. I got three in solely because I was meeting up with my running buddy. There may have been some swearing involved but in the end I was glad I got it done. You never regret the runs you take, just those not completed… right? Have you gone for a run when you absolutely didn’t feel like it? If so, what did you get out of it?
- September is going to be uber busy for me work-wise and life-wise. Accordingly, if anyone would like to write a guest post for this here blog let me know! I already have the fantab Nicki and Linzi (both training for marathons, both rock) working something up and I’m super excited 🙂 Send me an email if you are interested; I’d love to have you 🙂
- I have a super fun organizing post in the works next week that I can’t wait to share, which was inspired by Boston Runner. It has to do with my magazine obsession. Oh yes.
- Oh, and the giveaway winner:
Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers:
Timestamp: 2010-09-03 21:26:28 UTC
Elizabethlacy! She wrote:
I volunteer at our local humane society and they are always looking for people to donate Kuranda pet beds. They have several but not enough for all the animals. They work really well for the humane society because they’re easy to disinfect and very comfortable for the pets (disease prevention is a big deal at the humane society). These are the only pet beds they use. Problem is they’re expensive ($56-176). I can’t afford to donate one on my own but I noticed that CSN sells these. If I won I’d pay the difference and donate a bed.
How awesome is that? 😀 Elizabeth, shoot me an email at FitToWed at gmail dot com and I’ll get your information over to CSN.
Have a fantastic weekend friends! See ya 😀
**This giveaway is now closed**
Hi friends! I’m really excited to announce a fun giveaway with CSN Stores. CSN stores offers just about anything you can imagine. Perhaps you just moved into a new place and are looking for some Corelle dinnerware? I love the look of this teapot:
It’s modern yet cozy at the same time.
Or maybe you want to get your fitness on with a Shape Magazine workout dvd? A yoga mat?
You name it, CSN likely has it!
So, here’s the deal: CSN Stores is offering Legally Fit readers a one time use $35 gift certificate to use with abandon at any one of their 200 plus stores. Here’s how to enter:
- Head over to one of CSN’s websites and leave a comment letting me know what you’d select +1 entry
- Follow me on twitter @LegallyFit (I like having twitter friends! 🙂 ) and leave a comment letting me know +1 entry
- Add me to your google reader +1
I’ll randomly select a winner on Friday, September 3rd. Woohoo! 😀
Hi friends! Happy end of weekend and Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mothers out there (Hi Mom!). I’ve had a great weekend; hot vinyasa yoga yesterday plus a three mile run that culminated in me BOOKING home after getting caught in a thunderstorm. I had coffee with one of my besties and got together with my grandmother and some family members that I haven’t seen for years for a Mother’s Day dinner. Good stuff.
A few months back I won a giveaway from the lovely Shannon over at the Daily Balance. I recently received the goodies and I got some great stuff! Thanks Shannon!! 🙂 Cashew butter (holy), teas, mission skincare items AND a one year subscription to Yoga Journal. Being the magazine addict that I am, I already have a subscription to yoga journal (and glamour, and shape, and fitness, and self, and health…). So, what better than to pass the subscription along to one of my readers?! Source
So, I’m going to give away a one year subscription to yoga journal PLUS a box of my new crack (also known as chocolate peppermint luna bars- to die for!). As a reader of yoga journal I can attest to its awesomeness. There are lots of informative articles that make you stop and think, explanations of poses and how they impact your body, healthy recipes… all sorts of goodness!
Are you a magazine addict like me? Or addicted to the deliciousness of luna bars? You can enter to win three ways:
- Leave a comment letting me know your favorite yoga pose
- If you aren’t into yoga, leave me a comment with your favorite way to get active
- Follow me on twitter @ fittowed and leave a comment letting me know!
- Tweet about the giveaway!
I’ll announce the winner next Tuesday, May 18. Enjoy the rest of your weekend friends and again, many thanks to Shannon for all of my fantastic goods!
Happy Friday friends! Blogger ate one of my saved posts (my race schedule- grrr!!). Ah well, I will rewrite and post it sometime this weekend. I have a lot of fun races in my future! I made it to the gym in the morning yesterday and got in a 3 mile speed workout- it was awesome! The funny thing about this waking up super early business is now my body is getting used to it! I woke up naturally this morning at 5:37. I contemplated going to the gym but today is typically my rest day. So I went back to sleep and had strange dreams. I would have been better off at the gym!
I’m thinking that I should go play the lottery today. Why, you ask? I won TWO awesome giveaways from two fantastic blogs! The beautiful Skinnyrunner (btw, you should totally check out her blog- she is super funny and wicked speedy) was hosting a giveaway on her blog to celebrate the amazingness of billion hits (or half a mil, who’s counting). I won a ten dollar gift certificate to chocomize chocolates! I am super excited because I think I may use the chocolate bars as wedding favors. The site looked so awesome that I ordered a chocolate bar before winning. I will be trying their dark chocolate/oreo/marshmallow combination. I emailed the company and they told me they could give me a sweet discount and customize the labels and whatnot. I am thinking of creating a his and her bar- half of the guests will get a chocolate bar “Katie style” and half will get one “Brian style.” I encourage you to check out their site! What chocolate creation would you purchase?
I also won the gorgeous Shannon’s Fashion Friday giveaway! Yay! That girl is one serious fashionista. I love her outfits! I am excited for the yoga subscription, nut butter and tea assortment. I am feeling pretty lucky today! Do you consider yourself to be lucky?
Does everyone have fun weekend plans? I am heading to lunch with my Matron of Honor to give her her gift for being in the bridal party- I can’t wait to give it to her! 🙂 Then I am meeting my little brother at a local wine bar to meet his new girlfriend. So cute. Tomorrow I heading to the Philly area for my bachelorette and bridal shower take two! Bri’s sister and mother are throwing me one so his side of the family can attend some festivities. How lucky am I? Annnd, I get to see Bri! He is driving up to see me since he couldn’t make it last weekend due to the weather. 🙂
Starting today I am implementing Photo Friday, where I post one of my favorite pics. My photographer recently posted this one on his blog. Have a great weekend everyone!