Your makeup bag, that is. As a general rule, I consider myself to be relatively low-maintenance. That consideration comes from how I would prefer to be viewed rather than from any hard fact (though I have been told that I am low-maintenance, at least getting ready wise 😉 ) I do, however, wear eye makeup every single day (well, sometimes I don’t on the weekends and might not if I am running very late). On days that I do forego eye makeup, my co-worker and good friend always comments that I “look tired.” Nope, I just didn’t put on any eye makeup, ha.
My makeup bag, which was part of my maid of honor gift from my bestie Christina. 🙂
I’m definitely a creature of habit. When I find something I like, I stick with it. I tend to order the same things at restaurants and wear the same jewelry every day. The same can be said for my makeup “look.” I wear the same makeup every day, unless it is a very special occasion (like, say, getting married) or I need a little extra coverage because my skin is misbehaving.
My morning getting ready routine takes me around ten minutes if I showered the night before; 25 if not and 35 if I want to get fancy and actually blow dry my hair. After putting moisturizer on my face, I break out the following arsenal:
- Maybelline eyelash curler- Using an eyelash curler is a really easy tool to “wake up” your eyes.
- MAC makeup brush- I use this to put on undereye concealer
- bareMinerals “Well-Rested” undereye concealer-this concealer is a fairly new purchase. I like it a lot and definitely recommend it- it works a lot better than any liquid concealer I’ve tried!
- Estee Lauder kohl eyeliner in black-I think I received this in the Estee Lauder free gift with purchase bag. It is a simple, straightforward liner that blends easily.
- Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowgirl– I like this eyeshadow a lot. The only downside is that it is very shimmery and can the shimmer migrates to areas other than your eyelid.
- DiorShow mascara in Black– this mascara is AMAZING. I read about it on Veronika’s blog and decided to give it a shot. I’ve never looked back! My eyelashes are fairly short and this mascara makes them look awesome!
- Nars highlighting/bronzing blush duo in Laguna and Org*sm–I’ve been wearing this combo since 2004. I think it is universally flattering!
- Clinique blush brush
The urban decay eye shadow is a really pretty goldish color. Up until a few months ago, I had been wearing a shimmery lilac-grey color on my lids for YEARS (it is supposed to bring out green eyes). I had to switch the colors up when the lilac color was discontinued. Sad face. Anyway. My routine starts with a quick curl of each eyelash (super fast but essential) and then sweeping the bareMinerals powder concealer underneath my eyes with a makeup brush. I really like using the powder as opposed to a cream because I am no longer tugging at my eyes with my fingers 🙂 Then comes black liner (smudged and applied with a light hand) on both my top and bottom lids, followed by a bit of eyeshadow and a coat of mascara (again, diorshow is AMAZING) on the top lashes only. I finish up with a little bit of blush. When it’s warmer I may apply bronzer, but I don’t wear it in the cooler months- pale is the new tan, dontcha know?
If my skin is revolting against me or I have a big event, I break out the big guns:
bareMinerals foundation, applied with a Sephora makeup brush and Bare Escentuals hydrating mineral veil, applied with MAC makeup brush.
I didn’t jump on the loose powder/mineral makeup train until I had my makeup done for my wedding. It felt so lightweight and looked awesome! I probably wear it around once a month. I’ve heard people complain that the loose foundation is messy, but I don’t think it is. I just ensure that there isn’t any excess on the brush before I swipe it along my face.
So, what’s in your makeup bag? Are you loyal to certain products? Or are you more a “no makeup, thanks” kind of girl? How long does your morning routine take?
Have a great Monday, friends!