One of the many benefits of having a blog is that it presents a place to document your goals and allows you to hold yourself accountable. It was really beneficial to look back to my 2010 goals post and evaluate what I set out to accomplish. I have some big plans for 2011. Let’s get to it:
Katie’s 2011 Goals
- Run a Marathon. I am SO excited for this goal. I never ever everrr thought that I would want to run a marathon. I told myself that my body wasn’t capable of combatting this distance. You know what, though? If I put in the training, I CAN and WILL conquer this distance. On January 19th, Bri and I are signing up for the 2011 Marine Corps Marathon. Well, at the very least Brian is- military peeps get to register a month early. If I can’t register early, I will be registered to run this race on February 23rd! 😀
- Run a Half-Marathon. I am really excited to run a half-marathon again. I LOVED my first half experience. I plan on signing up for the More/Fitness Half in NYC that takes place in early April. Training will start in early February. I have a few time goals in mind, the main one being to beat my previous time of 2:13:33.
- Continue My Hot Yoga Practice. A sub-goal of this is to master the standing head to knee pose. I have a very hard time keeping my knee locked on my standing leg in this pose, which just means that I need to work on strength. When I’m training for a big race, I want to attend hot yoga 2x/week. In the off-season, I want to attend a minimum of 4-5x/week.
- Eat Only Grass-Fed Beef. After reading The Omnivore’s Dilemma, I went pescetarian for the month of December (I’ll get into that in a different post). Now that January is here, I do think I will introduce meat into my diet. I will not, however, purchase or eat any meat that comes from a factory farm. The only meat I will buy is going to come from my local co-op. I f a restaurant menu indicates that the meat is grass-fed, I will consider ordering it.
- Continue to Try New Recipes. I had a lot of fun experimenting with new recipes and different types of food in 2010 (quinoa, anyone?). 2011 will bring even more fun recipes!
- Wake Up Earlier. I love my sleep. However, I need to give myself more time to get ready in the morning. It would be nice to arrive at work fifteen minutes early instead of 9:00 A.M. on the dot.
- Blow Dry My Hair More. Odd goal, right? My hair is very fine and straight, which translates to wash and go. It is great for convenience factor but at the same time, it probably isn’t good to walk outdoors to a coffee shop and walk inside with your hair frozen (this happened to me last week 😉 ). Plus, it will help me feel more put together. On that note:
- Accessorize More. During my 30 Day wardrobe challenge, I was forced to think outside of the box with my ten articles of clothing. This led to increased accessory use, which led to a lot of fun and different outfits. Accessories can really tie an outfit together. Plus, I have a lot of fun new necklaces to wear from my lia sophia party. Woohoo!
- Get My Financial Act Together. I used to be obsessed with personal finance blogs. Obsessed! I tracked my finances down to the penny (with pearbudget, love them) and knew where all of my money was going. I have fallen off of this financial accountability wagon and while I’m not a big spender, I need to be more cognizant of where my money is going.
- Continue to Improve My Public Speaking Abilities. This one is pretty self-explanatory 😉
- Blogging- Finish What I Start. I have a lot of posts in draft that I just need to write. A review of Born To Run, my Wardrobe Challenge Recap (from August!), my review of The Omnivore’s Dilemma, etc. If I say I am going to write something, I need to just write the damn thing!
- Blogging- Become Self-Hosted. I am on tap to go self-hosted at the end of the month, with the help of Savvy Julie. Very exciting!
Well friends, those are my concrete goals for 2011. Whatcha think? What goals have you set for yourself this year?