Hi friends! Is everyone ready for Christmas? I still have a few things to get- nothing like procrastination 😀 Speaking of procrastination, I just realized that I never announced a winner of my cookie giveaway yesterday! Wendy, you are the lucky winner! Shoot me an email with your address and I will mail out some delicious cookies for you 🙂
The other night the fan-dam (family) went to
my my dad’s favorite restaurant for my dad’s birthday (thank you for all of the birthday wishes!). My parents let it slip that they got Bailey a zu zu pet for Christmas/his birthday. Have you all heard of a zu zu pet? I think it is meant for kids. It looks like this:
and makes random noises and runs around on these little wheels it has. Basically, it looks like a live hamster.
I guilted my parents into giving it to him early We decided to let him open it when we got home from the restaurant. Bailey went straight ballistic. He is obsessed with this toy. So, dog owners- if you are looking for a gift for your pup, they would love a zu zu pet!
Before I sign off, Tiffany (love her!) tagged me in a fun questionnaire.
1. Vacation: beach or mountains? Surprisingly, I think I would go with the mountains. There was a time when I was beach obsessed. Now, though, I love hiking and the peace and tranquility that comes with the mountains. Hopefully there are lakes nearby though.
2. Luggage: check it or carry it on? It depends on the length of the trip. If it’s a long one (that’s what she said) I typically have to check a bag. Otherwise it is carry on all the way!
3. Bed: make it or leave it a rumpled comfy mess? I always leave my bed unmade. Unless a friend or someone is coming over and I’m trying to impress them with my cleanliness. I love the look of a nicely made bed but it is just impractical! 😀
4. Races: smaller or bigger? I would have to say bigger. The boilermaker had thousands of racers and it was just amazing. I loved the energy and the crowds!
5. Toilet paper roll: over or under? Over for sure.
6. Pancakes: thick and fluffy or thin and crepe-like? It depends- if I’m ordering a crepe I want a crepe. Otherwise it is thick and fluffy with chocolate chips 😀
7. Alarm: get up or hit snooze? I’m sorry Tiffany, but I’m one of the ones you can’t stand- I can’t think of a time that I’ve had to wake up by an alarm and haven’t hit the snooze. Minimum two times. Maximum.. an hour? Or I just hit snooze a few times and then reset my alarm to wake up at the latest possible time- gotta love dry shampoo 😉
8. Name one movie you’d never watch again even if someone paid you. Valentine’s Day was pretty horrible. I had high hopes for that movie. Such a stellar cast! I fell asleep halfway through due to sheer boredom- I never fall asleep at movies!
9. Name 5 fictional characters you want to have dinner with. And TELL ME WHY.
- Dwight K Shrute- I agree with Tiffany on this one- he is hilarious! I would ask him all sorts of questions to antagonize him- Why is Jim so great?
- Hermione Granger- I love the Harry Potter series!
- Carrie Bradshaw- I love Sex and the City (not so much the second movie though). I think it would be so fun to discuss NYC with her!
- I can’t really think of any more fictional characters. I’m lame.
10. Cake vs. Pie: Your pick? Pie for sure. I think cake is overrated. You can’t beat an apple pie.
11. Last meal – what would it be? AND YOU ARE ON DEATH ROW SO MAKE IT CREATIVE. A nice bottle of red wine- either malbec or a meritage, a large cheese plate with sharp cheddar, brie and manchego cheeses, a crusty loaf of bread with olive oil and vinegar, lobster bisque, and either a big bowl of pasta with shrimp in a pink vodka cream sauce or a buttery filet mignon in a gorgonzola cream sauce. Followed by a big ol’ slice of cheesecake.
12. Favorite book to movie adaptation ever? Least favorite? My favorite is definitely The Notebook. I loved the book but love the movie even more- it translated to the screen perfectly and some of the scenes were so beautiful (especially with the swans!) It also solidified Rachel McAdams as my favorite actress. My least favorite is probably Twilight. I love the book (go ahead and make fun) but the movie was painfully awkward.
13. Worst grade-school portrait, described in detail. That would be my second grade picture. It was 1989, so my parents chose the awesome laser lights background. My hair is a mess and my teeth were still growing in so they were all spacey and off. I think I had art class before- my hands are folded and you can see paint stains on my arms. Plus some awesome friendship bracelets.
14. Floss before or after brushing your teeth? OR NOT AT ALL?! . Well, when I do floss, it is before I brush my teeth. If I do it afterwards my gums feel like they are left hanging. Brushing afterwards seals them back in!
15. You have to move out of the country – for the rest of your life. Where do you move? Hmm. Out of all the places I have been to, I guess I would have to say London. The city wouldn’t be too much of a culture shock and if I needed a break there is the charming countryside.
Leave your answers to the questions in the comments! Thanks for the tag, Tiffany 😀
Good night friends- see ya soon!