Hi friends! Can you believe that it is December already? 😀
I can! And I am excited 🙂 I am THAT much closer to seeing my husband. Yippee!! Since it is a brand new month, it is time to review my goals that I set for the month of November to see if I met them:
- Finish our wedding thank you cards. Yes! Well, for the most part. The only cards I have left (three or four) are for people that sent gifts a few months after the wedding. PHEW.
- Change over last name on passport/social security card. Big fat NO. Dang it!
- Organize closet. Another NO. December it is!
- Go Green. I was kind of successful at this. It it difficult to not use take out containers and the like! I definitely need to work harder on this. Jen, keep me in check! Heh.
- Conquer tofu. YAY! I totally kicked this goal’s booty. I wish I had known all along how easy it is to make tofu! It will definitely be incorporated into my weekly cooking recipe arsenal.
- Attend hot yoga a minimum of four times a week. Yay! I mostly succeeded at this- attending four times a week with the exception of one week when I was traveling. I can really tell a difference in my strength and flexibility in practicing so much. I’m addicted!
- Maintain a base mileage of 10 miles/week. Well, I ran forty miles in November so I’ll say I was right on track!
So, the month of November was a successful one for my fitness goals and a little successful on the personal/life goals. I got the most important thing out of the way- that being getting almost all of the wedding thank you cards done 🙂 🙂 🙂 Did you meet your November goals? I’m working on my December goals and will post them shortly 🙂
Soo I don’t remember if I mentioned this on the blog but I randomly decided to enter the lottery for the NYC half-marathon on March 20, 2011. The drawing is December 15th so I will find out then if I’m in. In the meantime, Jen has presented me with a fabulous offer- the chance to run the Melbourne Half-Marathon with her on February 6th! Her parents have a place down there so I would only have to pay for airfare and food and whatnot. That is awesome enough as it is…but we would also take the time to go here:
GAH! Insert extreme dorkiness here. 😀 I don’t know if I can pass this opportunity up! BTW, how awesome was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? I cannot wait for the next movie to come out!
The only hesitation I have is that I would 1) have to start training NOW (I am enjoying this laid back running/extra hot yoga) and 2) lots of early morning training runs due to extreme darkness at night. Ick. I trained for the Virginia is for Lovers 14k during the winter so I know I could do it. What do you guys think? Should I do it??
Enjoy your day, friends!
By the way- thanks for all of the kind thoughts for Bailey. The poor little guy had to have five teeth pulled 🙂 He handled it like a champ and is enjoying being spoiled with lots of soft, yummy foods 🙂