Hi friends! Happy Friday! Thanks for all of the comments and well wishes. I am really excited to start using the Vibrams. I am planning on just walking around in them a bit to break them in over the next month or two to build the strength in my feet and ankles and then maybe transition into short runs. Bri has had a pair for about a year and is a huge fan. Joanne– there really isn’t any padding in them. I’ll take some pictures of the inside and of the bottom and post them if you guys are interested!
I have a fun weekend on tap. A reunion with my college roommates and some of my best friends on Long Island, featuring the sun, beach, crumbs cupcakes (!!!) and a seven miler. I NEED to get it in tomorrow. I am excited to try out the new chocolate mint gu. Basically, I’m just excited 😀
Okay, onto the wardrobe challenge. It is going fairly well. Packing for the weekend was fairly light. Incredibly light. Too light. Aside from my running and beach gear and undergarments, I packed two shirts, one skirt and jeans. Three pairs of shoes and lots of jewelry though. Take that, wardrobe challenge 😀
- Blueish green tee- Banana Republic (purchased spring 2010)
- Black bubble skirt- Banana Republic (purchased summer 2009)
- Nude heels- PAYLESS baby (purchased May 2009 [for my engagement party])
- Necklace- Lia Sophia (purchased Summer 2010)
I actually really liked this outfit. I will be wearing the necklace this weekend with my yellow tank so I’ll be sure to post a close up pic of it- it’s actually really cute and can be worn long or double stranded. I love an accessory that gives more than one look!
I apologize for the blurry picture but I had to include it- Bailey snuck in! Cute little guy.
- Black cardigan- J Crew (purchased January 2009)
- Black and white patterned shirt- Banana Republic (purchased January 2008)
- Black pants- Express (purchased Summer 2004)
- Nude shoes- Payless (purchased May 2009)
- Chunky necklace- Ann Taylor Loft (or is it loft?) (purchased March 2010, for my rehearsal dinner!)
The pumps up close and personal.
I love this necklace.
Lastly for today- Day 11
- Warm orangey-pink wrap (that can be worn a variety of ways!!)- some boutique in Saratoga- purchased in April 2010. My cousin came in from Calgary (Canada represent) and found this wrap and wore it to brunch the day after our wedding. My family loved it so much that I went out and bought one, as did my stepmother, grandmother and great-aunt. There are three large buttons on it that give the wrap a totally different look, depending upon where you button it. Good stuff.
- Yellow tank- Banana Republic (purchased spring 2010)
- Black pencil skirt- Banana Republic (purchased Spring 2005)
- Black flats- Bandolino (purchased Spring 2009)
Normally I wouldn’t wear flats with pencil skirt but since it’s the wardrobe challenge it’s a whole different ballgame.
On a different note, Bri and I met three years ago today 🙂 We started dating a few weeks later. ❤
Any fun plans for the weekend? Have a good one friends!