Hi everyone and welcome to the new blog! Can I tell you how much I love wordpress. Love. It is so much easier to comment on other blogs/upload pictures/use different fonts… the list goes on. I was able to switch from blogger to wordpress with the simple push of an import button. For anyone considering transitioning, do it! It’s sooo easy and simple. 🙂
It’s been a long week. I had a fantastic weekend with Bri. Saying goodbye was terribly sad, of course. I am very thankful for Skype 😀 We went on a couple of hot, hilly and humid runs together. I think it may have helped me speedwise because on Monday I ran 5k (not A 5k, rather just 3.1 miles) in: 28:33. Woohoo! I know I will reach my goal of running a 5k in under thirty minutes! Do you count your running goals as achieved if they don’t occur during a race? My thoughts are that it doesn’t count if it is a racing goal- it just shows that the capability is there. However, if your goal is to run 5 miles, no race is necessary.
Yesterday was hot yoga and it was fantastic. I have seriously come to crave it. I am going to deactivate my gym membership for the summer months and just focus on yoga, running and strength training with my body weight. I seriously haven’t been to the gym in months. Once the cold weather hits I will likely reactivate it so I can hit the treadmill or track and start hitting up my favorite body sculpt class (my instructor is out on maternity leave).
Training for the Boilermaker is going well! I am building up my mileage to 15-18 miles per week. For whatever reason I feel less regimented than I did while training for the Virginia is for Lovers 14k, maybe because it doesn’t feel new? I am excited to meet fellow blogger Lindsey! She is wicked fast so I likely won’t see her until after the race 😉 Are you running the Boilermaker? If so, want to meet up?
At the beginning of the month I set some June Goals, which I am failing at majorly steadily working on. These are my personal goals:
- Goal: Blowdry hair at least once a week. Purpose: Look more polished. So far: Yeah, not so much. My hair is very fine and pin straight. This is great for wash and go but it is boring boring boring. I’ll get there.
- Goal: Wake up early enough to run outdoors in the morning at least once a week. Purpose: Enjoy the fresh spring mornings! So far: Again, not yet. I have been getting my runs in, just typically after work.
- Goal: Make two new recipes and one old fave. Purpose: Expand my eating repertoire! So far: Kinda. I’ve been making my favorite eggplant/roasted red pepper (I roast my own peppers- super easy!) sandwich to bring to work for lunch, but I haven’t tried any new recipes yet.
- Goal: Follow a pescetarian diet aside from free range/grass fed beef. Purpose: Transition away from awful industry practices. So far: I’ve done fairly well with this one. I did eat meat once this past weekend during the going away barbecue for Bri. Other than that I’ve been successful!
- Goal: Chat on the phone with at least one friend that I don’t see very often per week. Purpose: Maintaining connections. So far: I’m going to call one of my out-of-town friends tonight, so I’ll say success.
What are your goals for the month of June? I have some fitness goals as well that I’ll get into next time. Have a great Thursday and thank you for reading! 😀