Happy Friday everyone! I can’t believe the weekend is here already- the week flew by! Normally this would be fantastic but I have a lot to do before my seminar on Monday. My weekend will consist of a long run (4.5 miles), meeting with my Matron of Honor to pick up her bridesmaid dress and getting ready for next week! Do you have any fun weekend plans?
Last night I had an appointment with my hairdresser (finally!) It wasn’t until 6:30, so the original plan was to eat a clif
bar at 5 and then eat dinner when I got home. This plan was foiled when I tried my clif
bar of choice- banana nut bread. Holy disgusting batman! I nearly spit it out it was so gross. I then scoped out the area surrounding my hairdresser and settled on Bountiful Bread
. Their cranberry chicken wrap looked awesome! I even decided that I was going to play food blogger and take pictures of the wrap in public! I got the wrap and realized that it was a chicken salad type wrap. I’m usually not a fan of such. I finished half of it and it was fairly good. Nothing to write home about. I go to take a bite out of the other half and saw a short, curly black hair amongst the chicken that looked suspiciously like the dude’s hair that prepared the wrap. Ugh! Normally I would have just thrown it out and left but I was hungry! I was able to exchange it for some tomato bisque soup but my appetite suddenly left me once I received it. Ew
. All in all, an awful food night. I did take a picture of the wrap (and received some strange looks), but I’m not posting it. Take that, evil wrap! Have you ever found something gross in your food? If so, what did you do about it?
Moving on to the hair. At least that turned out okay! My hair has been so annoying lately- I’ve been shedding like a banshee (seriously, my hairdresser asked me if I was stressed because so much of my hair was falling out) and it was just waay
too long. This is what I typically look like five minutes after arriving into work, pre
Hair back in a messy bun. I can’t stand to have it all up in my grill! Uber
Hair down, pre-cut:
I hate taking self-portraits, so logically I went the gangsta look route.
Yay! No more roots and I am three (hair) inches shorter! The only negative about getting my hair done is that it takes forevs. I was in the salon for over two hours. Not fun.
In other news, I was one of the random recipients of the Beautiful Blogger award from the lovely Susan at The Great Balancing Act
I’m excited because this is my first blogger award! Yippee! In receiving such, I’m supposed to list seven random facts about myself. Here we go:
1. I used to consider myself to be quite unadventurous, but recent events have led me the other way. Namely, I got certified to scuba dive (in the murky, freezing Lake George waters, no less) and went midnight tubing in the Hudson River in the Adirondacks. Yes, that’s tubing in a river in the pitch black; it was exhilarating yet terrifying. All of this from the girl who ran screaming out of the ocean because there were “sharks” (read: dolphins) while Kristin ran IN the ocean to play with them.
2. I have a tendency to trip quite a bit; as in, I’ll be walking down the sidewalk in flats and my ankle randomly gives out. I’m not uncoordinated, I swear! I think it’s because I have broken/sprained both ankles so many times that my ligaments have just given up on me.
3. I never drank coffee until second year of law school, when it became necessary to drink in order to stay awake. The only things that I really drink are coffee, water and red wine.
4. I have a true obsession with Tim Horton’s and Wegman’s, which are the two things that I miss the most about Buffalo. Tim Horton’s coffee is like crack. If either entity came to the Capital District, I would most likely die of happiness.
5. My favorite movie, among others, is The Wedding Singer. I think it’s the 80s music, because typically I’m not a chick flick kinda girl.
6. I can read ridiculously fast. I’ve been known to finish more than one book in a day. My dad probably spent thousands of dollars on books when I was growing up. Okay, at least a thousand. My stepmom donated my childhood/adolescent book collection to the library, which made me very sad. Probably my own fault for putting the books in the basement. Bring back the Sweet Valley High books!
7. I am in love with San Diego. You can’t get a better climate!
So now I’m supposed to pass the award along to seven other lovely bloggers. I’m going to tag:
I can’t wait to read your seven random facts, ladies!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Filed under blog award, hair